There are many things in life that I crave, and many things which I consider to be addictions.
- Nicotine – I don’t smoke, but I adore nicotine lozenges. My own confirmation bias tells me it’s good for my colitis. Even if it’s not true, it’s good for my brain, and it may very well be the reason my husband is still alive, so fuck it.
- Caffeine/coffee – Holy Cannoli, I love my coffee. It’s mine. My own. My preh-shuuuuss. Sometimes I go for decaff if I plan to take 20 naps during the day, but mostly I guzzle high octane, super dark roast. Not only does it cause cancer and dementia, but it also prevents cancer and dementia. Clearly, it’s a very indecisive beverage, and that’s okay,
- Fizzy drinks – Soda, sparkling water, champagne, beer….BUBBLES! I LOVE THEM!
- Salty snacks – I’m the only person I know who can blast through two party size bags of chips in less than a week, without sharing. I should probably just drink ocean water, but there’s poop in it.
- Lip Balm – I’m getting better. There was a time I had multiple tubes in various pockets, and I’d apply it at least every 30 minutes. I’m down to a couple times a day.
- The smell of books – I spend almost as much time sniffing them as I do reading them. Perhaps this is why I have very little love for the Kindle.
- World of Warcraft – Blizzard keeps saying “this is the last expansion” but it’s a lie. I get sucked back in, kicking and screaming, every time a new one is released. I quit a few months ago and cancelled auto-bill.
And then this….
Have you no mercy?! WHHHHHHHHHHY?!!!!
Well, it was nice knowin’ ya! I’ll be back in 6 months.